Fusspot rants, embarrassing photos of yourself and general correspondence go here: universalnicks@gmail.com

Here's an excerpt from some reader mail that I received in response to the November 5 column:

I live in Brockville where the teams are split between Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal. The Leaf fans I know are religious fans, standing beside there team regardless of how they play, and that is exactly how it is with my wife and I. I have a tattoo of the Sens Logo on my forearm and Daniel Alfreddson's (sic) autograph beneath it (tattooed as well), and my wife has Spartycat (sic) tattooed on her calf, and it has also been signed by the big cat himself (herself), and inked in permanently as well. There are over 250 different Sens articles in our house, and 8 different Jerseys hanging. We are "True Fans" as my wife says to anyone that can hear. My van is covered with window clingers, and my licence is a Senator plate from the ministry.



I'm speechless. At least you know a mascot will never be traded.

2 responses to "This is hardcore"

  1. I have to say that is the first time I have ever heard of the Psych Hospital in Brockville referred to as "our house".

    Anonymous

  2. When I lived in Peterborough Leafs fans would get dressed up and paint their faces for a Tuesday night game in October, and then hit every bar in town to watch the game and scream. But still, this guy's creepier.

    xxx