Instead of viewing Daniel Alfredsson's comments on Dany Heatley as terse and harsh (and they really weren't -- if anything, they were assertive and honest), why not take into account what Alfie has dealt with over the course of his career?
This man will be turning 37 in December. He's dealt with Alexei Yashin's (expletive), club financial turmoil and the prospect of being moved (expletive), Ray Emery's (expletive), and those are just some of the major storylines. Sure, there are others who have driven this winding road alongside him (Chris Phillips, for example), but Alfredsson is the captain, and he's the one everyone wants to hear from -- his answers hold the most weight with fans and media. Don't you think he's getting a bit tired of the drama, and would give anything for a season not ripped from a soap opera plotline? You can't really fault him for reacting the way he did.
Chew on that.
- ► 2010 (69)
- Your mid-week mini-Deglaze
- In case you missed it...
- Need a Staal?
- Your weekend Chewable: Sens + TGOR = ?
- Bryan Murray on the Team 1200
- Heatley: The Final Chapter
- On the trade...
- Your weekend reading
- Sun Media: "Hey, we were wrong first!"
- *insert five-alarm fire siren here* (UPDATED)
- The Death of UnderDuff
- Is Erik Karlsson on the Sens' Evelyn Wood plan?
- Tuesday Morning Deglaze
- Mike Hoffman goes the TMI route
- Your Weekend Chewable: All About Alfie
- Bingo's new jerseys: Ow, my eyes...
- Pascal Leclaire breaks out his new regalia
- Goodnight now, Gator
- Snippets from the Fan Forum conference call
- The Letter Chronicles: "A" = BFD
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2008 (187)
- ► 2007 (181)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.