...because SoCals have their own way of welcoming David Beckham's wife.
· The travesty...the lunacy...I'm still in disbelief. On a day where the CBC has gained momentum and legitimately positive media for their annual event known as Hockey Day in Canada, they decided to show the Ottawa-Montreal game at 2 pm in standard definition. This wouldn't be as shocking if a) the network hadn't previously been broadcasting the rest of the day in high definition, (which they had) and b) if other games (Toronto-Van and Calgary-Edmonton) had been given equally subpar treatment (which they weren't). All other games and coverage were in high definition.
Let's allow The Driver to take over for a moment here -- he slipped out to the Superstore at around 1:30 pm, and returned with the following reaction just after the Sens' game began:
"Oh, what the (expletive)? I'm forced to view Nelson, BC and Dick Irvin's liver spots in HD, but the game -- the most important part of the day -- isn't given the same treatment?"
Exactly. We don't want to hear about expense, broadcasting trucks or any other pedestrian excuse. CBC has built it up as an important day -- all three games should have been in HD. No excuses.
And as a partially-related final kick in the teeth -- I switched over to NBC to check out the Philly-Pittsburgh tilt. There Sidney Crosby was, in all his pillow-lipped, Angelina Jolie-esque HD glory. I think he's switched lip balms, by the way.
Okay, we're keeping this short -- there's football on. Speaking of which, when did Steve McNair go from a flak jacket or similar, to wrapping his torso in a goose-down duvet? It looked like dude had the bedding department from Bed, Bath and Beyond shoved down his jersey yesterday.
Bring on the clippage...
· Does this girl look like she knows her multiplication tables to you? The Hater Nation names SI.com columnist Jenn "Cowgirl" Sterger (pictured centre) as their Sports Figure of the Year. Maybe now we can find out where she gets those neat sequin appliques -- The Hater Nation
· Buzzsaw Nation says whew...or rather, "Whis". -- TSN
· Spartacat and the Senators offend the Habs organization. I'm sorry, are we allowed to talk about this? -- Ottawa Sun
· The Canucks finally get some attention -- FOX Sports
· An interview with Andrew Marchand of the New York Post. We're all for reading stories about a pissed-off Al Michaels -- The Big Lead
· The Philadelphia Eagles are currently twiddling their thumbs and attempting to look busy -- Philadelphia Eagles official website
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Yet again...too little, too late.
- That 'stache is a dead giveaway
- It's the pads
- "(Expletive) Da Eagles" girl does Maxim shoot
- Monday morning clippage
- The NRHL
- Spotlight on Randball and Kent
- When people have too much time on their hands...
- One word: REACH!
- Whaa? (reprise)
- Status quo means trouble for Hockey Day in Canada?...
- Tuesday afternoon deglaze
- Deglaze delay
- Patrick Roy faces assault charges
- Uh...that's the wrong team, dear
- The Sens were interviewed by a terrorist
- We're officially a toddler
- Sunday afternoon deglaze
- It's naptime in the Land of The Buzzsaw
- The popularity contest continues
- Volchenkov leaves practice
- AHL All-Star Classic
- Too much time on their hands
- L.A. Kings on Mad TV
- CBS snubs adult-themed Super Bowl ad
- Monday morning deglaze
- Tom Pyatt and Marc Staal return home
- I expect F-bombs from Steve Downie
- Jim Lampley and Candice Sanders update
- Kansas City pimps its disco ball
- Jim Lampley arrested
- The only way the Sabres can silence the Sens these...
- Spin this, Pittsburgh
- Bye bye, Kaigorodov
- Not-so-shocking SoCals
- Hands off Schubert
- Tuesday morning deglaze
- Yeah, we don't really care about re-entry waiver p...
- ▼ January (41)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.