(KEEP SCROLLING FOR MORE UPDATES AND CANDICE SANDERS PHOTOS)
TMZ has unearthed more details regarding Jim Lampley's arrest, and the allegations brought forth by Lampley's fiancee, Candice Sanders -- a former Miss USA California (shown above).
Sanders claimed that Lampley became drunk on vodka and whiskey after a New Year's Eve dinner at their shared apartment, and "was also high on pot". Lampley's 14-year-old son Aaron was also in attendance.
Trouble began after Sanders wished to finish viewing a movie, causing Lampley to pull her from the sofa and chase her around the apartment.
Sanders says at that point all hell broke loose. She alleges, "He grabbed me and threw me against a wall. He then threw me against another wall. He then threw me against the door and I collapsed."
Just a hunch, but we're guessing they weren't watching Ocean's Eleven.
You can find the rest of the story here.
Update #2: Lampley made a statement today:
"I am innocent of the charge of domestic abuse that has been leveled against me and will vigorously defend myself," Lampley said. "I have tremendous respect for the justice system as a whole and for the San Diego courts and District Attorney's office specifically.
"I'm confident that the process will prove that I'm not guilty of this charge. I thank my friends and family for their support during this difficult time, and ask for the understanding and patience from the media until my legal situation allows me to discuss this in more depth."
Sanders was also in court on Thursday to request a permanent restraining order against Lampley, and the judge granted that request.
Update #3: Candice Sanders had her previous marriage to a Jehovah's Witness named Marlon Muller annulled, because Muller refused to have "marital sexual relations" with her. Apparently Muller's decision hinged on his religious beliefs. You can read more about it here.
P.S. Here's some better photos of Sanders -- credit to West Side Slant for unearthing these.
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Yet again...too little, too late.
- That 'stache is a dead giveaway
- It's the pads
- "(Expletive) Da Eagles" girl does Maxim shoot
- Monday morning clippage
- The NRHL
- Spotlight on Randball and Kent
- When people have too much time on their hands...
- One word: REACH!
- Whaa? (reprise)
- Status quo means trouble for Hockey Day in Canada?...
- Tuesday afternoon deglaze
- Deglaze delay
- Patrick Roy faces assault charges
- Uh...that's the wrong team, dear
- The Sens were interviewed by a terrorist
- We're officially a toddler
- Sunday afternoon deglaze
- It's naptime in the Land of The Buzzsaw
- The popularity contest continues
- Volchenkov leaves practice
- AHL All-Star Classic
- Too much time on their hands
- L.A. Kings on Mad TV
- CBS snubs adult-themed Super Bowl ad
- Monday morning deglaze
- Tom Pyatt and Marc Staal return home
- I expect F-bombs from Steve Downie
- Jim Lampley and Candice Sanders update
- Kansas City pimps its disco ball
- Jim Lampley arrested
- The only way the Sabres can silence the Sens these...
- Spin this, Pittsburgh
- Bye bye, Kaigorodov
- Not-so-shocking SoCals
- Hands off Schubert
- Tuesday morning deglaze
- Yeah, we don't really care about re-entry waiver p...
- ▼ January (41)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.