Well, that's one way for Chris Neil to become the face of the franchise.
Someone march the Red Army in front of the SBP tomorrow, because it's blatantly evident that Ottawa likes a certain Commie (please, for the love of God, tell me that's his moniker).
No. 89 was cheered repeatedly and made his presence known with two assists. Early impressions have been encouraging -- he keeps his stick down, and always looks prepared to take the puck. We think he'll be a nice fit, so golf claps go out to Muckler for making the move.
Best quote from The Driver tonight: "I wanna trade (Joe) Corvo to Phoenix for Kaigorodov so we can fleece someone else with him."
Speaking of which, after a brutal turnover from No. 7 in the first, TSN had the maligned defenseman's quote from yesterday's Citizen all prepped and ready to go, the minute he returned to the bench. In case you missed it, here's what appeared below Corvo's face during his closeup time:
"Maybe I'll get moved to forward, I'm playing so bad defensively."
Someone get the kid a psychologist. But honestly, we can't say we're surprised. Kings fans warned us about Corvo's play, and well, we discovered the now-defunct corvosucks.com page (made by an L.A. fan) a long time ago.
In other news, Brent Wallace broke the story about Ray Emery receiving a three-foot ball python (yet unnamed) as a Christmas gift from his parents. How does a 24-year-old goaltender making less than a million dollars this year have everything already?
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Yet again...too little, too late.
- That 'stache is a dead giveaway
- It's the pads
- "(Expletive) Da Eagles" girl does Maxim shoot
- Monday morning clippage
- The NRHL
- Spotlight on Randball and Kent
- When people have too much time on their hands...
- One word: REACH!
- Whaa? (reprise)
- Status quo means trouble for Hockey Day in Canada?...
- Tuesday afternoon deglaze
- Deglaze delay
- Patrick Roy faces assault charges
- Uh...that's the wrong team, dear
- The Sens were interviewed by a terrorist
- We're officially a toddler
- Sunday afternoon deglaze
- It's naptime in the Land of The Buzzsaw
- The popularity contest continues
- Volchenkov leaves practice
- AHL All-Star Classic
- Too much time on their hands
- L.A. Kings on Mad TV
- CBS snubs adult-themed Super Bowl ad
- Monday morning deglaze
- Tom Pyatt and Marc Staal return home
- I expect F-bombs from Steve Downie
- Jim Lampley and Candice Sanders update
- Kansas City pimps its disco ball
- Jim Lampley arrested
- The only way the Sabres can silence the Sens these...
- Spin this, Pittsburgh
- Bye bye, Kaigorodov
- Not-so-shocking SoCals
- Hands off Schubert
- Tuesday morning deglaze
- Yeah, we don't really care about re-entry waiver p...
- ▼ January (41)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.