I think I can fully consider myself a Manatee convert these days -- the guy plays dressup, line dances and then drops this yesterday:
Goalie Martin Gerber has worn a black mask void of any Senators logos when he's skated with teammates at the Bell Sensplex.
So, as some have suggested, is the blank mask a silent statement of Gerber's desire for a trade, like the plain white one Martin Biron wore in Buffalo last year (he was finally moved at the trade deadline)?
"That's B.S.," said Gerber, who has been getting ready for Ottawa's training camp, which begins today.
"I'm trying the newest model from Itech. We're just working on this one and the one for games should be ready by now. This was just to try it out and see if it works.
9.8 out of 10. .2 deduction for offering an explanation.
P.S. To learn of the origins of the Manatee moniker -- click on the March '07 archives and scroll down to the March 22 post entitled, "Leftovers".
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Downie gets 20
- The troglodyte's interpretation
- Leftovers (abridged version)
- Blind items
- Where your season ticket money goes
- Oh, really?
- Otherwise known as Lincoln Scofield
- NHL Winter Classic: Frosty event, hot ticket
- Silencing the critics
- What's Swedish for "where's my shin jelly"?
- Perception is nine-tenths of reality
- I appreciate your timing, Senators
- Fan Fest-ooned with ambivalence '07
- Dave Trembley's meltdown
- The Manatee's mouth
- Remember: I'm freelance
- The grass is not always greener
- Tuesday afternoon deglaze
- Screaming behind our hands
- Things we're enjoying right now
- ▼ September (20)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.