Here's my column from yesterday.
Here's the news:
It looks as though Mike Fisher won't be going anywhere for a while.
Fisher has signed a five-year, $21 million extension with the Ottawa Senators.
Fisher scored 22 goals and dished out 26 assists in 68 games with the Senators last year. In 384 career NHL games Fisher has totals of 92 goals and 100 assists and a +49 rating.
The 27-year-old centre was slated to become an unrestricted free agent following the 2007-08 season. Dany Heatley, Wade Redden and Chris Kelly will also be unrestricted after the season.
Thank you. Oh yeah...and the signing? That's some nice work. Some thoughts on getting Fisher locked up coming later today.
UPDATE: Chris Stevenson is reporting that the first three years of Fisher's new contract feature a no-trade clause.
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Downie gets 20
- The troglodyte's interpretation
- Leftovers (abridged version)
- Blind items
- Where your season ticket money goes
- Oh, really?
- Otherwise known as Lincoln Scofield
- NHL Winter Classic: Frosty event, hot ticket
- Silencing the critics
- What's Swedish for "where's my shin jelly"?
- Perception is nine-tenths of reality
- I appreciate your timing, Senators
- Fan Fest-ooned with ambivalence '07
- Dave Trembley's meltdown
- The Manatee's mouth
- Remember: I'm freelance
- The grass is not always greener
- Tuesday afternoon deglaze
- Screaming behind our hands
- Things we're enjoying right now
- ▼ September (20)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.