(If the following rubs you the wrong way, take it up with these kids. They're my sources.)
While there have been suggestions in the past that NHL pugilists should be tested for steroids, there are other substances that may be of interest to bloodhounds like Dick Pound. Last season, one scrapper was rumoured to be dabbling in something resembling powdered sugar before his morning practices -- and he wasn't putting it on his french toast.
And some local juice...
Which gimpy-footed Swede might require more than a phone call from Ottawa's team captain to convince him to play in the capital? He has claimed privately in the past that of all NHL cities, he hates playing in Ottawa the most.
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Downie gets 20
- The troglodyte's interpretation
- Leftovers (abridged version)
- Blind items
- Where your season ticket money goes
- Oh, really?
- Otherwise known as Lincoln Scofield
- NHL Winter Classic: Frosty event, hot ticket
- Silencing the critics
- What's Swedish for "where's my shin jelly"?
- Perception is nine-tenths of reality
- I appreciate your timing, Senators
- Fan Fest-ooned with ambivalence '07
- Dave Trembley's meltdown
- The Manatee's mouth
- Remember: I'm freelance
- The grass is not always greener
- Tuesday afternoon deglaze
- Screaming behind our hands
- Things we're enjoying right now
- ▼ September (20)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.