When the hell is this going to end? Now Bryan Murray is enlisting the help of Daniel Alfredsson in an attempt to woo Peter Forsberg to the capital with a well-timed phone call. What is this, junior high? Why doesn't Alfie just send a folded note with the traditional "Do you like me?" query, followed by boxes labelled "yes" and "no". And you just know that Forsberg, being the crafty bugger that he is, will return it with an additional square created (and checked) that reads, "I don't know." Of course, said note will need to be passed through Toronto and snickered at for the full effect.
Keep in mind that Forsberg is recovering from ankle surgery (again), but will still expect the Brinks truck to back up, regardless of the situation. Not to be overly harsh, but the only way I'd consider this is if Peter literally removed all problems, and surgically attached his knees to his feet like Cotton Hill. Think about it: He could skate around headbutting players (read: Sidney Crosby) in the stomach and groin with no remorse. Words cannot express how badly I would like to see that happen.
P.S. I know his feet are torched as well. When it's time for those to go, that's when Ottawa can ship him to the Leafs for their turn.
P.P.S. Doesn't the cartoon version of Jimmy Carter look just a bit like Bryan Murray? C'mon...I know you see it.
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Downie gets 20
- The troglodyte's interpretation
- Leftovers (abridged version)
- Blind items
- Where your season ticket money goes
- Oh, really?
- Otherwise known as Lincoln Scofield
- NHL Winter Classic: Frosty event, hot ticket
- Silencing the critics
- What's Swedish for "where's my shin jelly"?
- Perception is nine-tenths of reality
- I appreciate your timing, Senators
- Fan Fest-ooned with ambivalence '07
- Dave Trembley's meltdown
- The Manatee's mouth
- Remember: I'm freelance
- The grass is not always greener
- Tuesday afternoon deglaze
- Screaming behind our hands
- Things we're enjoying right now
- ▼ September (20)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.