You never really know what you're going to find in your junk mail these days. Today's offering: A portrait on Linda Staal in a mini-magazine/advertisement for cheese. (No, really.)
Linda's feature included the prerequisite impish photo of her foursome in their younger days, and tales of how the boys used to go through three bags of milk -- that's 4 litres -- a day. (Confused by the "bagged milk" conundrum? Watch this.) The Staal matriarch also referenced making egg and cheddar sandwiches for her boys after school. Seems normal enough, right?
Then I turned the page.
The second part of the story included "Our guest's recipe." I've posted the page below:
Bananas, ricotta, chocolate and mozzarella? I wanted to run screaming from the room.
Now, as this is an advertisement, it's quite possible that Linda told the interviewer, "I used to make the boys chocolate chip pancakes with bananas," only to have some cheese honk modify the hell out of it. But if by chance this is a Staal recipe, you should know that I have never seen anything like it during my 19 years in the Lakehead. Something effed must be going on up at Mink Mountain, kids.
- Alex Kovalev leaves the prom unfulfilled
- Twitter-related announcement
- Tuesday morning Deglaze
- Haitian man smuggled in a hockey bag
- Your Tuesday afternoon Chewable
- The Staals' secret to success: Disgusting food?
- Brian Lee signed to two-year extension
- Over at Twitter today...
- The sound of Vancouver during the golden moment
- Anton Volchenkov: Why now and how?
- Vancouver 2010: Most resonating moment
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- ► 2007 (181)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.