From Ian Mendes's Twitter last night:
"(Alex) Kovalev on scoring OT goal to break 12-gm point drought: 'I didn't have a slump. That's what you guys call a slump. I'm just doing my best.'"
Oh, alrighty then. Nice to know his best involved sucking up air on the bench for 12 games, to the tune of $731,707 (give or take -- he also gets a stipend for hair products).
It's odd how things can trigger weird memories. Kovalev's latest offering made me think of this quote from the brutal 90's blockbuster, The Rock. I think it fits the bill. Take it away, Mr. Connery -- and mind the Velveeta (language NSFW):
- Alex Kovalev leaves the prom unfulfilled
- Twitter-related announcement
- Tuesday morning Deglaze
- Haitian man smuggled in a hockey bag
- Your Tuesday afternoon Chewable
- The Staals' secret to success: Disgusting food?
- Brian Lee signed to two-year extension
- Over at Twitter today...
- The sound of Vancouver during the golden moment
- Anton Volchenkov: Why now and how?
- Vancouver 2010: Most resonating moment
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- ► 2007 (181)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.