Bad things happen when you let your D thin out. The babyface is back for another go.
22-year-old Brian Lee was signed to an extension by the Senators today. Details of the deal have yet to emerge -- I'll update this post as soon as they come out. One would assume that it's got to be either a one-way contract, or a half-and-half (first year two-way, second year one-way). For the record, Lee has two goals and one assist in his 18 games with the big club this year.
So far, the informal reaction received by yours truly has been -- shall we say -- ambivalent. Some don't know whether to start drinking now to numb the pain, or head directly for the shower rod and get it over with. Ack.
P.S.: Top comment so far from the HFBoards: "This might be a buffer in case we lose (Anton) Volchenkov." Where's a big freaking gong when you need one?
UPDATE: The Team 1200 is reporting that the deal is indeed one-way. No terms yet, though. Also, a request from reader Ryan B. for a popular TUC "Brian Lee" photo shall now be fulfilled. Here ya go:
UPDATE #2: According to ESPN's Pierre LeBrun, the deal is for $1.75 million over the two years.
- Alex Kovalev leaves the prom unfulfilled
- Twitter-related announcement
- Tuesday morning Deglaze
- Haitian man smuggled in a hockey bag
- Your Tuesday afternoon Chewable
- The Staals' secret to success: Disgusting food?
- Brian Lee signed to two-year extension
- Over at Twitter today...
- The sound of Vancouver during the golden moment
- Anton Volchenkov: Why now and how?
- Vancouver 2010: Most resonating moment
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- ► 2007 (181)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.