Fusspot rants, embarrassing photos of yourself and general correspondence go here: universalnicks@gmail.com

I think they played The Manatee's theme song after those amazing consecutive saves towards the end of the first. If they did, I could barely hear it, and I'm watching with surround sound. There's nothing wrong with my hearing, kids. Turn up the freaking volume and blow the roof off the dump.

What the bloody hell happened to Nick Foligno? (Alfie, perhaps?) Hell of a period from the youngster. Great hustle.

Is someone trying to give me a heart attack with Stillman on the PK?

In other news, I broke out the "Keep It Out" dance for the first time. Faith restored? It's way too early to say.

Best text from the first period (re: the thundersticks):

"They all look like they're trying to park airplanes with those things."