(Derek Roy, getting in a few preliminary rounds before the 2008 Olympic Team is selected. He'll also be competing in the 3 metre springboard.)
It's late and I'm exhausted from yelling and doing the "Keep It Out" dance, so only a few points tonight:
- Memo to Don Van 'Mensa'hoven: Not calling interference after Chris Kelly was blatantly hit from behind by Brian Campbell was a mistake. Calling interference on Joe Corvo in OT for not knowing what to do with the puck was a mistake. In short, please brush up on your knowledge of the interference rule. Much obliged.
- How about that fourth line for Ottawa tonight? Huge respect to them, especially during those sequences mid-way through the third period where they refused to give up the puck deep in the Buffalo zone. As for Triple Cream Brie -- the guy who Muckler was so hot on that during a taping of OTR in March, he referred to him as "Spareekin" -- dude's got confidence for days. He's so sure of himself when he handles the puck. It's great to watch.
- Did you notice Murray playing the Corvo-Preissing pairing with Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson after a while? It wasn't happening all the time, but one wonders if the coach was trying to protect his shakiest defensive pairing by matching them up with the big line, in the hopes that the forwards would keep the puck in deep and away from 7 and 42.
- I'm dying to see how the media deals with "Corvo The Hero". It's obvious the guy tries hard, and he's one of the team's best interviews -- I'll be irked if disparaging monikers are referenced this morning after his great moment last night. Ease up for God's sakes and give the guy his due. He sure as hell deserves it today.
- And finally -- speaking of the media, how about that love-fest in the first segment of the Satellite Hotstove? Watching the media being forced aboard the Senators bandwagon is beyond hilarious. It must drive some of them absolutely crazy to go without at least one negative dig to use against Ottawa.
[Photo Credit: The Book Of Face]
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Welcome to Trip City
- The NHL: They're just not that into you
- We hope this silences James Duthie
- Pompoms and teeth pulling
- This would keep Tony Reali busy
- That's Shane Hnidy's thing, not yours
- A guide to a grassroots movement
- Jacked up!
- No reason...
- It's all about the "Keep It Out" dance
- Here Pierre, we'll save you the trouble
- Sens win (with tongue action)!
- A slight delay
- Coming around to a new reality
- ▼ May (15)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.