Yet another ratings list from ESPN.com -- this one coming via Page 2. It's the Pain and Suffering list -- a compilation of teams from the MLB, NHL, NBA and NFL that lists the teams that have inflicted the most misery upon their fans. Here's the formula:
[(Seasons in playoffs) + (losing seasons) + (non-playoff seasons) + (finals losses) + (finals losses in past 25 years) + (Soul-sucking moments) + (seasons without a title)] - [(winning seasons) + (playoff seasons)]
seasons without a title
For the record, neither the Sens nor Leafs made the list, but teams like the Flyers, Sabres, Canucks and Kings did (as well as others). Check it out -- it's worth a look for the heads alone, and you can bet your ass you'll be seeing some of those around here in the future.
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- Sunday morning deglaze
- Don't believe what you read...
- Goodnight Angelina, goodnight...
- Late night cleanup
- Good news and tense moments
- April 89 isn't just a breakfast dish at Cora's
- Lynx' "Make Your Pitch" winner announced
- Stellar job, Butterknife
- Fantastic work
- Back to school with you, young penguin
- Not-so-blind item
- Volchenkov staying in Ottawa...and Phillips as wel...
- Replace Sundin with Ville Peltonen
- Let's all be nice to the Leafs
- Pass the buck
- Ammunition stockpile
- Reach much?
- The Caps earned six Jagrs
- Well, this changes everything
- ▼ April (23)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.