For a bit, anyways. I know I've been scarce the past few days, but it's hard to post, let alone make it up to the press box when you've got holiday baking to do.
Here's some holiday reading to keep you entertained, but first, a word from Bill Simmons:
Someone In The Know once told me, "Bet against Chuck Bresnahan (Cincy's defensive coordinator) against any good coach. He stinks. Smart coaches and smart QBs always have a field day against him." Of course, last week I ignored the advice and picked them over the Colts. No way I'm taking them against Shanahan. By the way, here's a direct quote from a buddy of mine who loves the Broncos: "I'm not ready for 15 straight years of Jay 'Veal' Cutler references. I'm really not."
Honestly, I had never thought of this before, but it should be noted that Denver already has a complete (if not utterly bizarre) meal of players, comprised of DT Demetrin Veal, TE Chad Mustard and T Erik Pears (and yes, I know how they pronounce it, don't ruin it for me). Obviously they don't need another helping of unexercised calf (in more ways than one).
And now, your reading...
- The Flames got stuck in Denver during a major snowstorm...everyone passed the time by swapping cowboy hats -- Calgary Herald
- Cam Neely version 2.0, where art thou? -- NBC Sports
- All the puck bunnies are in Des Moines, Iowa -- Des Moines Register
- The reason why the Flyers lost to the Sens yesterday: They were distracted by an arena full of ugliness -- Philadephia Flyers official website
- The "Vote For Rory" wet blanket campaign multiplied last night -- Ottawa Sun
- Anze Kopitar: So Cal graffiti artist muse -- Edmonton Sun
So that's it -- we're off to the land of Staalapalooza on Boxing Day, and if there's room for our laptop in the carry-on, maybe we'll do a "live from location". Otherwise, it's best to assume that we've been rendered incapacitated by mimosas and eggnog...at least until mid-week.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays, everyone! Be safe, behave yourselves and we'll see you on the other side.
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- ► 2008 (187)
- ► 2007 (181)
- Nedved (?).
- All right, that's enough
- Binkie* is a Blackhawk...and versatile
- Monday afternoon deglaze
- Where's TUC?
- Goalies Gone Normal
- Metal horns for my minions
- Oooh, I'm sure they're very frightened
- Give me my bloody HD
- A few things
- Notice me!!!
- How to pick a fight with your local sportswriter (...
- ▼ December (13)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.