The man and myth known as Daniel Alfredsson has been knocked out for at least two weeks while he undergoes surgery to remove a bone chip in his knee. The surgery will take place today. Details to follow.
Update #1: Conflicting radio reports say No. 11 may only be gone 7-10 days.
Update #2: Heatley will be wearing the 'C' in Alfie's absence, and the Sun blog has the projected lines:
Dany Heatley-Jason Spezza-Jarko Ruutu
Nick Foligno-Mike Fisher-Chris Neil
Antoine Vermette-Chris Kelly-Jesse Winchester
Christoph Schubert-Dean McAmmond-Shean Donovan
Chris Phllips-Anton Volchenkov
Jason Smith-Filip Kuba
Alexandre Picard-Brian Lee
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (95)
- In case you missed it...
- Just saying...
- More questions than answers
- Lee gets the boot
- Just asking...
- Craig Hartsburg: He's outrageous!
- Your Monday morning Chewable
- TSN2, where art thou?
- No more "nice ass" in the subject line, okay?
- Tuesday morning Deglaze
- Alexei Cherepanov: 1989-2008
- Heads up
- Unsolicited C-Bass plug
- Would a Sens fan do this?
- You have questions, we have answers
- Two out of three is bad
- Oh, you like that? Yoink!
- Monday morning Deglaze
- Sincerely, Marcus Allen -- CBS Sports
- We pimp our own
- I laughed
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2007 (181)
Satellite Dish TV sports action in your own home.